F.E.A.R

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I remembered when I was in my first year and training for Jessup, in one of our training sessions, we were asked to write on a piece of paper what we feel is our biggest strength. And I wrote this: "I move on in spite of FEAR". Then Dr Majdah asked, "But then it means that you do feel fear?" and I answered "Of course, who doesn't."

I remembered a quotation I read once: Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to rise above it.

I realised that I was at the lowest point of my life once because I allowed myself to remain stuck BECAUSE I was afraid. I allowed myself to be defeated by Fear, when I used to be someone who always strive to do what I know is best for me although I was fearful.

As the day of my departure approaches, I'm being flooded by a gut-wrenching fear. Fear of not being able to adapt and adjust to a new place, new environment. Fear of being alone and lonely in a foreign place. Fear of missing, and missing out on, my family and friends here in Malaysia. Fear of being dissapointed by what I hope would be a turning point in my life. Fear of making wrong choices. FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.

But I am proud that despite the gut-wrenching fear, I feel a kind of strength and peace inside myself, to face it, swallow it, take a deep gulp of air, and MOVE ON in spite of F.E.A.R.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not fear i guess. more on being independent kot? berdikari in its truest sense. will face the same dilemma too kalau aku sambung belajar sorang2.

anyway, dah 26, bukan 13 lagi kan? boleh nye survive!!

ada rezeki insyaAllah aku pun nak sambung, tp probably time tuh kau tgh buat phd. we'll hang out in london then.. (AMIN AMIN AMIN!!) hehe..

ARADIA said...

AMIN sgt2 atie!!

I guess it's fear OF being independent! Hehe..

I've been dependent for far too long, suddenly I had to be independent here, and now up another level and have to be independent abroad! padahal level one ni pun tak berape nak pass ;)

Athena said...

Wah layout pun dah bertukar, bagus2!! banyak kemajuan.
Suka posting kau nenek!
Best!
I would always need that courage too, to move on in spite of FEAR, now that I lead a life of uncertainty.

Two thumbs up! ;p

ARADIA said...

Ayu bulu,

I used to lead a live of uncertainty as well..now that i've passed it (insyaAllah), what I think u can learn from my experience (so u wont make any of the mistakes I've done) is (1) to keep FAITH (2) Dont ever remain STUCK...tapi aku tau kau lagi wise dari aku!

~Serenity~ said...

dun worry nenek.we all know u can make it...chayyok!! selamat hari raya maaf zahir batin...

Missy eLLe said...

im sure u'll do well. be strong :)

afidalina said...

aliza! caak! hahaa... i nk link u ek kat my blog.